We are going old school: the track, but you'll also need a small amount of grassy/turfy space. Times on the 400's should be under 80. 200's under 35, 100's I forget. We will be doing 400's, 200's and 100's every couple weeks to track progress. Results in the comments.
800m of 50 m sprint, 50 m jog
5 min
400's:
400m
90 secs
400m
90 secs
400m
5 min
200's:
200m
60 secs
200m
60 secs
200 m
5 min
100's:
100m
30 secs
100m
30 secs
100m
30 secs
100m
Cleats on
Cones at 0 yds and 20 yds:
0, 20, 0, 20, 0
jog 20
0, 20, 0, 20, 0
jog 20
0, 20, 0, 20, 0
jog 40
repeat
5 min
come back cuts:
cones at 7 yds and 14 yds: cut to cone, cut back towards disc, receive throw, fake, throw, sprnt back to start...
0, 7, 0, 7, 0, 14, 0, 14, 0, 25 yard deep cut
rest/thrower
3 times through, minute and a half between sets
Done
I am still working on a hamstring injury from Fools, but have been at pt 2-3 times a week and lifting upper body on the off days. Back to riding my bike to work; can do moderate squats, bounds, leg press, but no lunges or more intensive plyos just yet. Looking at another 2-3 weeks on the dl. I saw Julian on the street yesterday, he was wearing loafers, kakhi shorts, and carrying a hot-pink handbag. I could tell he's been hitting the weights.
ReplyDelete-Jody-
Yoyoyoyo,
ReplyDeletePaul Robustelli and I did the workout this morning and it was AWESOME! uhhhh
400s came in right around 80, 200s right at 35 and 100s we just sprinted.
the suicides were a bit rough, but the throwing drill was sooper dooper fun.
The track is a vicious mistress after the forgiving sands of paga.
ReplyDelete400s: 71/77/82
200s: 34/33/34
100s: 14/14/15/15
Tiny handler legs hate running this far.
400 [75,75,74]
ReplyDelete200 [28,29,29]
100 [12.5,11.9,12.7,12]
(while initially pumped with the times, upon further review my 2s & 1s seem fast, prob measured the distances a bit short. either that or a killer tailwind)
also - not sure if it was by design, but the 5 min rest periods seem a bit long. overall, fun workout.
Was carrying my phone as a timer so that probably slowed me down like 5 seconds on each of these...
ReplyDelete400 - 71, 73, 74
200 - 32, 33, 35
100 - 13, 14, 15, 14
Could definitely be wrong on some of these. I'm ready to actually be running after discs instead of running after Mike Hen.
The only thing I hate more than Saturday of sectionals is a track workout alone.
ReplyDelete72,73,77 (yuck)
32,33,32
100's were wet garbage, which was the result of a monsoon blowing through and me being gassed after the first one.
20 yard sprints were horrible and early contender for the workout to be referred to as "point gone bad" later in the year. If anyone has any other bad ones let me know.
lonely 7's, 14's and 25's. Faking without a disc is hard.
400s: 70/73/72
ReplyDelete200s: 32/33/33
100s: 13/13/14/13
The boat shoes were by Sperry, the shorts by J. Crew; I don't recall who made the bag but it gave my outfit a much-needed dash of color.
ReplyDeleteKT, Bell and I did not time ourselves. This workout kicked my ass. I am happy simply to have survived.