Monday, May 9, 2011

WOW - Week of May 9th

What you'll need - field space; cleats; disc

Plio warm-up

8x100 - jog, run, sprint, walk (each 25m)

2 minute tabata - (back and forth on a 30m stretch; 20 second sprint, 10 second rest - for 2 minutes)

90 second rest

Repeat

90 second rest

Repeat

4 minute rest

3-man marking drill for 90 seconds

60 seconds rest

Repeat

60 seconds rest

Repeat

2 minutes rest

3 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) - 5 push-ups, 15 air squats, 20 mountain climbers

2 minute rest

2-man huck/dump drill (see last week's WOW); when both players have made each throw twice, that's one rep. Three reps with 60 seconds rest between.

Cones at 7, 15, 20 - in ladder format, cut to each cone and turn to receive the disc. Fake. Throw the disc back, run back to the line. One rep is climbing up the ladder twice. 2 reps, with 90 seconds between.

100 throws - be as concentrated with these as possible; stepping into the motion and focusing on hitting your target. Out of 100, how many did you throw without your partner needing to take steps to make the catch?

Get after it.

-PEC

5 comments:

  1. done solo
    tabatas -- did 4x30 in each 20 second period.
    3 man -- improv'd drill, 90 sec of 10 yd sprints & 3x5yd shuffles
    AMRAP -- 4 reps + pushups of 5th. quads were screaming during air squats
    2 man huck/dump -- subbed in little dipper instead

    ReplyDelete
  2. tabatas were all 4s except for two 3.5's towards the end.
    Got point blocked twice in 3 man mark drill because I didn't step out far enough. Got 1 point block and forced 2-3 throws into the ground.
    AMRAP: finished 4 rounds, 5 pushups and 10 squats
    Suicides hurt, especially when faking and throwing properly.
    Added some incentive to the 100 throws - 1st place group did nothing, 2nd did 10 pushups, 3rd did 10 burpees, 4th did 10 bodybuilders. Finished first but did bodybuilders with the last place group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabatas were definitely tough. Started strong but slowed down a lot on last rep every time.
    AMRAP - We did 4 minutes by accident. Lost track of how many I did. I believe just short of 6 but not positive.
    Threw more than I have in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reporting on behalf of the Prospect Park crew: Web, Riley, KT, Sam, and BVH. Tabatas were brutal. Riley said I maintained good form, which was generous. I didn't keep track of how many back-forths, though. Oops. Subbed in a 5-man marking drill for the 3-man marking drill. Web has lots of release points; Riley had some good point blocks. I gotta remember to stay on my toes when I mark. AMRAP: I think I did exactly 5 rounds, but I wasn't doing Faust Pushups. (Also, we need some standards for what's a good mountain climber. Front knee all the way up to shoulders?) Swing-huck-underneath drill & suicides, great. Love throwing when tired. 100 throws were done in the dark, which added an exciting element of danger. Nice workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ran this last night in Greenwich with Brenton and Rafe
    tabatas felt a bit better than 2 weeks go consistantly getting almost 4s
    AMRAP - came up 2-3 mountain climbers from 5 rounds this hurt way more than I expected it to
    subbed in a different huck drill to make it work for 3 people
    throws are feeling better after putting in some time

    ReplyDelete