Sunday, May 1, 2011

WOW: 05/09/11

What you'll need:
40yds x 30yd of space; 5 markers (cones, sneakers, etc); cleats

10-30-10
:
cones at 0 yd(A), 10 yd(B), 40 yd(C), 50 yd(D)
A to B (jog 10), B to C(sprint 30, stop!), C to D (walk 10), turn, repeat = 1 rep
4 reps
90s
4 reps
90s
4 reps

4 mins

5 Reps For Time (RFT)
1 rep =
15 yards of burpee broad jumps (same as two weeks ago, but try to gain as many yards as you can on the burpee jump), whole foot has to cross the 15 yard "line" if not, do another burpee
15 yard sprint back, 15 yard sprint out

4 mins

Little Dipper:
d
7yd c

7yd 7yd

a 7yd b

15 yd

x

x, a, b, a, c, a, d, x = one rep
one rep
10s fast feet @ x
10s rest
one rep
10s fast feet

90s

repeat

60s

repeat

30s

repeat

5 minutes

Two Man Dump Huck drill
mini sized field 40x25 with players A and B
B goes backfield dump cut (with upline fake, break parallel!)
A throws dump to B and takes off deep
B throws deep to A, pauses, cuts in for A
A throws to B and jogs to dump position
repeat
1 rep = 2 deep cuts, 2 dump cuts, 2 incuts

rep

60s

rep

60s

rep

6 in 60
Start in pushup position
Down when time starts, hold everything an inch off the ground
1 rep = bottom position for 9s, up and hold for 10th second, back down on 1st second of next rep
1 set= one minute

set

30s

set

done

8 comments:

  1. Great workout. Burpee broad jumps were about 2:45, but I think I cheated in that my hands were often in front of where my feet had landed last jump.

    6 in 60, first set was not bad, 2nd set was absolutely brutal. Philly crew added 7 minute abs at the end to cap off the workout on a gorgeous evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burpee broad jumps - 3:15 - definitely the toughest part of the workout.
    Made a sliding grab on the two-man huck drill that some little leaguers were particularly impressed by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the workout with SA, Web, KT, Jack and BVH.

    10-30-10 was good. I tried to focus on the initial burst and chopping my feet hard to stop.

    The 5RFT's were hard. BVH got confused at one point and instead of broad jumping, dove onto his face. 1:50~ for Jack, KT and me. The other guys were about 10-20 seconds behind.

    We modified the little dippers, broke into groups of two and rested as long as it took our partner to run it. Those fast feet were brutal.

    2 man dump, huck, cut gets really hard if your partner starts airing it out.

    I f'd up the 6 in 60 and we did 4 in 40, 15s break, 3 in 30, 30s, 6 in 60. Jack crushed the second set, Im not sure if he was the only one, but I know I didn't keep my chest off the ground the whole time.

    Good workout. I wish there was a way to compare these shorter distance things so you know if you are getting better. That is one of the handful of things that I really like about the 200s and 400s. I know we don't run that far in a game, but I can't help but think that 30 or 70 seconds of 75-90% running is good for ultimate. I am not suggesting the track every week, but I think ultimate has strayed too far away from it. There is also nothing like the camaraderie that suffering through 2's and 4's builds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoyed this, aside from burpee broad jumps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true. On my third burpee broad jump, I got confused and landed on my chest instead of my feet. Then I started laughing, because it was so uncoordinated. Really liked the 2-man dump/huck/under drill. Causes you to focus on catching and throwing when tired. Also causes you to realize how impaired your throws and catches are by fatigue - great motivation to be in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was fun in the wind today with the breeze keeping a steady stream of flower pedals blowing by. It looked like a scene from 'crouching tiger hidden pony.' My brother and I echo the likes dislikes from above. It's 'fun' to feel your muscles fail completely on the isometric pushups. Mio

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. finished this a little while ago.
    2:20 on the burpees, which sucked, but not as much as quick feet.
    as i did this by myself i skipped the dump huck and did 3 suicides (cones at 7&14, 2x7, 2x14, fakes after each, and deep cut) instead.
    6 in 60, cheated on the last pushup.

    ReplyDelete